Work From home is a concept where an employee can do his or her job from home. Work from home jobs gives a flexible working hour to the employee as well as the job for the employer is done with ease.
More and more people are becoming more interested in work from home jobs because of the flexibility it provides.
Top 10 Advantages of Working from Home
- Flexible schedule. You can take breaks at any moment, feel no rush to hang up on your family members when they call, and eat lunch at any weird time you want.
- Custom environment. Setup your noise level just the way you want it — somewhere between insanely quiet to being at the front row of a show.
- Cozy clothes. You get to wear those sweatpants with the letters peeling off, or the leggings your friends don’t know you own. (And hopefully never will.)
- It’s easier to make calls. You won’t have to scramble to find a conference room or deal with a particularly chatty co-worker. (Granted, kids and pets at home can make this tough for some remote employees.)
- Knock off some weekend to-do’s. That Mt. Everest laundry pile waiting for you? That thing you set a reminder to get from the store 11 weeks ago? Cross. It. Off.
- No office distractions. Avoid co-workers debating the merits of cryptocurrency, sirens wailing outside your window, the AC kicking in as you hide your tears.
- Zero commuting. From bed to … bed? Hey I’m not judging, it’s nice.
- Save money. Lunch is expensive if you work in a city. At home, you can save big time by going to the store and preparing food.
- Forget crowds and traffic. No stuffing yourself into a rickety transportation tube, having people scuff your new shoes, or walking behind agonizingly slow people who apparently don’t know what a straight line is. (Am I bitter? No … not bitter … )
- More time with loved ones. Take care of a sick significant other at home, be ready for your kids earlier in the day or simply get some quiet time to yourself!
Top 10 Disadvantages of Working from Home
- Willpower. Gotta get jamming on this new project, but Netflix just dropped season 3 of Love …
- Difficulty sticking to a routine. The order you do things at work is almost never the order you do things at home. It can be tough to mirror your schedule and processes once outside the office.
- Missing important calls or pings. Oops, my phone was on do not disturb and I missed a meeting! Or my boss slacked me and asked to prioritize something else and now it’s 4:45pm …
- Calling UberEats anyways. You thought you were saving money, didn’t you? Blam-o! $20 minimum and a $5 fee for the higher rated Thai place. Should’ve remembered to buy bread …
- Power naps. This could arguably could be in advantages … unless it accidentally lasts 45 minutes after your delivered double entree Thai lunch.
- Boredom. Those office convos? Kinda missing Susan’s cat stories, eh? How long can you go without seeing another living human being?
- Working slowly. Sometimes the office has an energy. Sometimes your home does not.
- No second monitor. How did I ever work without two giant screens looming above me??? All 74 of my tabs are essential!
- Iffy WiFi. At home or in a cafe, when the wifi start to spaz and you switch locations a couple of times but honestly spend more time parking and ordering a 6-shot mint mojito coffee with coconut milk and 16 grains of sugar than doing work.
- Waiting for an answer. You need to ask a super quick question, but it’ll impact how you do something for the next hour or even the rest of the day. And there’s no response.
List of Sites with Work from Home Jobs
Are you interested in work from home jobs? Great!!!
Twitter user and educationist, Brenda McWilson Okorogba, who tweets with the handle @MomentsWithBren, provides a rich treasure trove of websites and platforms which will help you meet your desire and help your personal goals.
If you are the work-from-home kind who desires remote jobs, you can easily get translation jobs from:
In conclusion, go ahead and check out these sites. Then, take quick action and let’s know how it goes.
Before you go, are you interested in getting a list of learning platforms and professional certifications to advance your career? Click here