A volunteer is a person who freely offers to take part in an enterprise or undertake a task. That is to say, a volunteer is a person who works for an organization without being paid. For example, you can acquire volunteer experience and include it on your resume.
Benefits of Getting Volunteer Experience
The many benefits of being a Volunteer are as follows: –
- Firstly, it helps you fight loneliness
- Secondly, It helps you to build your social connections and community circles.
- Also, It has health benefits as it reduces the risk of depression and unnecessary anxiety. In addition, it brings fun and fulfillment to your life.
- Likewise, being a volunteer improves self-esteem and helps you live longer.
- In addition, it helps to boost university/college applications.
- Furthermore, it helps you advance your careet
- Finally, It helps you to make an impact in the society
Cons of being a Volunteer
The cons of being a Volunteer are as follows: –
- Firstly, it requires the investment of time.
- Similarly, it can be very demanding
- Because of the demanding nature, it may have health challenges.
- In addition, for most volunteer experience positions, there is no pay.
- Finally, interpersonal Conflicts may arise which can dampen your emotions.
Websites with Volunteer Opportunities
So, are you interested in checking out Volunteer opportunities? Great!!!
Twitter user and educationist, Brenda McWilson Okorogba, who tweets with the handle @MomentsWithBren, provides a rich treasure trove of websites and platforms which will help you meet your desire and help your personal goals.
If your desire is to acquire volunteer experience, then check out any of these:
In conclusion, go ahead and check out these sites. Then, take quick action and let’s know how it goes.
Before you go, are you interested in getting a list of learning platforms and professional certifications to advance your career? Click here