The Central Working Committee (CWC) of The Future Awards Africa is partnering with British Council on this year’s Future Awards Prize in Media Enterprise.
The Young Media Entrepreneur Award is for an individual who has recorded enormous success in the media sector.
WHAT IS THE MEDIA SECTOR?
1). Interactive software, entertainment and games developers, specialist agencies, and publishers – working across various platforms (internet, broadcast, consoles and mobile devices)
2) Developers of social media websites/platforms (where not predominately linked to other sectors – i.e. a music social network with its roots in the music business is likely more suited to music award.)
3) Film, TV and animation – development, production, post-production/special effects
4) Distribution and sales for film, TV, animation and other multimedia content
5) Exhibition for film, TV and animation, including cinema and festival/event programming and management
6) Specialists/consultants/agencies supporting the development of these industries (i.e. skills for scriptwriting, visual effects etc.)
WHAT ARE THE CRITERIA FOR THIS AWARD?
· The applicant must be aged between 21 and 35 at the date applications are due.
· The applicant must be entrepreneurial and must have shown their ability in the promotion of the media sector in their country, in either a commercial context, public context, or both.
· The applicant must demonstrate their potential to be a future leader of the media sector in their country and a future partner for the UK, through their character, drive and abilities.
· The applicant must already be working in the media sector with at least three years’ experience.
· The applicant must have English language skills to IELTS 6 – ‘competent user’ or above
The Prize for the award winner is a trip to the UK to participate in a programme with an opportunity for valuable networking and idea exchange with their UK and international peers in the media sector–some of whom are winners of the same award in their respective countries.
Submission of applications for the Young Media Entrepreneur Award now closes on Thursday, 2nd August 2013.
This category will be judged by the British Council alongside selected members of The Future Awards Africa Team.
The awards event holds in August 2013.
For more information, visit @TFAAfrica on Twitter or the website www.thefutureafrica.com/awards.