According to the Transcription Certification Institute, a transcriptionist is a professional typist who listens to recorded or live audio files, and converts into text format what they hear. They offer their services to medical, legal, and general transcription industry. More and more people are looking for people to convert their audio files to text, hence the boom in the Transcription jobs.
Benefits of Starting a Career as a Professional Transcriptionist
The benefits of starting a career as a professional transcriptionist include the following: –
- It is a perfect role for those who want to spend quality time with their families
- Those who are looking to add an extra income will benefit from being transcriptionists
- It is a very flexible role. A transcriptionist can work from anywhere as long as there is internet connection.
- As a transcriptionist, you get to choose your own schedule and you only work when you want to.
- As long as you pay attention to details, have good listening, writing and communication skills, are excellent and timely in your delivery, you can become a transcription. In other words, no academic qualification is needed.
- Modern technology has made it easier to get into this industry.
However, there are few things you should be careful about.
- It can be quite stressful trying to land freelance roles, and
- You work completely alone, thus reducing networking chances
So, are you interested in landing some jobs as a transcriptionist? Great!!!
Twitter user and educationist, Brenda McWilson Okorogba, who tweets with the handle @MomentsWithBren, provides a rich treasure trove of websites and platforms which will help you meet your desire and help your personal goals.
Transcription Jobs Websites
Most importantly, there are thousands of available transcription jobs on the following platforms:-
In conclusion, go ahead and check out these sites. Then, take quick action and let’s know how it goes.
Before you go, are you interested in knowing 20 free courses you can take with certificates? Click here