Think and Grow Rich
The 30-Day Reading Challenge is still on. How are your reading coming up?
Without much ado, today, we will be reviewing Chapter one of this great book, Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill. This chapter, like every other chapter in this book, is loaded with truths, words of wisdom, lessons from the experiences of highly successful people in this world. I will share with you some of the insights that left a huge impression on me.
- The need for desire, to have a definite purpose – It is important that we know for sure, what we want out of life, out of our businesses and careers, out of our relationships, out of everything that concerns us. This is so so important.
- It is not enough to know what you want. You have to stand by that purpose until it becomes an all-consuming obsession, until you experience success in that area. As the author stated, “when a man really DESIRES a thing so deeply that he is willing to stake his entire future on a single turn of the wheel to get it, he is sure to win”. You have to be willing to give it your all.
- Opportunities can be tricky. When they come, they appear in a different form and sometimes from a different direction than we expect. That is why many people fail to recognise them and miss them all together
- Never quit because of a temporary defeat. That is one of the most common causes of failure
- Before you ever quit, seek expert advice. Ask the Gurus. You will receive insights for success. Many of us fail because we don’t ask questions, because we don’t seek wisdom.
- Never ever stop because someone said NO. “Stickability” will give you great success. “Quitability” will make you poor.
- Be Persistent. Keep going until you reach your goal of success and great riches.
- When we fail, me must study our failures to find the wisdom that will lead us to success, the wisdom that will convert defeat into stepping stones of opportunity.
I could go on and on as this book is loaded with insights, but i also need to give you a chance to share your insights
So it’s over to you, Dear friend. From Chapter One, what lessons did you learn? What insights did your receive? Have you failed in the past? What lessons have you learnt from them that will help you to succeed? Do share your learnings, insights and experiences in the comments section below.
Watch out for the review of Chapter 2
To download the book and join us on this journey of discovery, do so below. It is completely FREE.
© 2014 – 2017, Arise Arizechi. All rights reserved.