Humans are the masterpiece of nature. We are bestowed with the best of all nature has ever offered to its creation. Hormones, genetics and biology all play their role in making us look the way we are but the journey doesn’t stop here. There are thousands of ways in which we can treat ourselves and achieve a better physique, hormone function, blood regulation and ultimately better looking skin.
The skin is a crucial organ and needs a lot of attention as it guards the rest of the inner body organs. It needs to be taken care of and maintained as it gets dry, malnourished, thin, tanned, dark circles and large pores. To ensure healthy, glowing skin follow the following tips:
- Hydrate: Drinking a good amount of water is a key to healthy glowing skin. Improved blood regulation, healthy functioning kidneys and better working immune system have direct effect on the skin. Hydrating your body provides a radiant skin as it helps in flushing out toxins.
- Eat well: Only eating is not what is required. Eating ‘well’ is important. Add fruits and vegetables to your diet as they go a long way in enabling your skin shine, this ensures the provision of necessary vitamin and regulated excretory system allows all the waste to be discarded in time. This maintains the flow of required nutrients to the skin. Adding some occasional dry fruits would be a bonus.
- Cut down sugar and salt: Too much sugar and salt inhibits the hydration of skin. Take lesser amounts of sugar and salt in routine.
- No hot baths: Hot baths deprive the skin of basic moisture and leave it dry. Baths should be limited to 10-12 minutes and the water should be kept cool.
- Moisturize your skin: Do not forget to moisturize your skin after every bath. Use products with alpha-hydroxy acid. Glycerin is product that is commonly available.
- Exercise: Exercising makes you sweat which is a natural way of eliminating toxins from your body. It also ensures healthy blood flow towards the skin leaving it moist and glowing. Do not forget to wear sunscreen if you are exercising outdoors.
- Use sunscreen: It’s important to use good quality sunscreen every time you go out in sun. It helps your skin remain supple and moist.
- Drops of olive oil: Massaging a few drops of olive oil on your face, hands and feet before going to sleep hydrates and refreshes skin without leaving it greasy.
- Use aloe Vera: Aloe Vera is a natural tonic. It contains vitamins, minerals, enzymes and its 99% water. Applying aloe Vera gel to your skin is a treat in itself.
- No smoking: Smoking leaves your skin looking older with fine lines and early wrinkles. Avoiding smoking gives way more glitter to your skin than the smokers.
- Easy meditation: Easy meditation is the formula of deep breathing, shutting up the reoccurring thoughts and smiling back to yourself. Take some time alone and take a few deep breaths of fresh air (generally in the morning). Ask yourself to relax and say shut up to the reoccurring thoughts so that you find a reason to smile. The inner relaxation brings a glow to your skin directly.
Ali Jan Qadir is passionate about art, food and fitness. He loves to shares things he has learned by experience. He is a contributor for http://www.thebest-mattress.org where he answers questions like best mattress for a bad back. If you want to learn more about him visit his twitter profile @alijanness.