NIGER DELTA POSTGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME
The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited (SPDC) is delighted to announce the fourth annual SPDC Niger Delta Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme for applicants from Rivers, Delta and Bayelsa States. The objective of the scheme is to provide an opportunity for qualifying students from the three Niger Delta States to further their education in courses that are relevant to the oil and gas industry.
In the three years of the programme, 30 students have benefitted from the opportunity to study at world-renowned institutions. For the academic year commencing September 2013, SPDC will award up to ten scholarships for one-year post-graduate studies in partnership with three internationally recognised universities in the United Kingdom (UK) – Imperial College London, University College London and the University of Leeds.
The courses that qualify for the scholarship at the three institutions are as follows:
IMPERIAL COLLEGE LONDON
MSc PETROLEUM ENGINEERING
MSc PETROLEUM GEOSCIENCE
MSc PETROLEUM GEOPHYSICS
MSc ENGINEERING GEOLOGY
UNIVERSITY COLLEGE LONDON
MSc CHEMICAL PROCESS ENGINEERING
MSc MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
MSc CIVIL ENGINEERING
UNIVERSITY OF LEEDS
MSc EXPLORATION GEOPHYSICS
MSc ELECTRONIC/ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING
To qualify for the scholarship, applicants must : –
• display intellectual ability and leadership potent-ial;
• meet the university’s language requirement (usually at least 6.5 in IELTS);
• be aged between 21-28 years;
• be an indigene of Rivers, Delta or Bayelsa States (documentary proof of this will be required);
• currently reside in Nigeria;
• intend to return and take up permanent residence in Nigeria after completion of the proposed programme of study;
• have obtained a university degree of at least an equivalent standard to a UK Second Class Upper (Honours Degree);
• not have studied previously in the UK or any other developed country.
• Submit application for admission into any of the three universities for any of the qualifying courses;
• Application forms for the scholarship will be available ONLY through the participating universities, following an offer of admission;
• Universities will process application and select candidates to attend an interview before being considered for final selection;
• Completed application forms must reach participating universities no later than February 15, 2013.
The scholarship will cover tuition fees, one return flight ticket from Nigeria to the UK and a contribution towards living expenses only*.
MORE INFORMATION CAN BE OBTAINED AT firstname.lastname@example.org or through the individual universities.
* Please note that the stipends are based on the British Council Annual Rates and are limited to this.
© 2013 – 2017, Konnect Africa. All rights reserved.