There are unsung heroes in Ghana; in our neighbourhoods, offices, market-places and across the nation, there are Black Stars who are making a difference! It is imperative that we AWAKEN the SPIRIT of PATRIOTISM in the hearts of GHANAIANS everywhere… And in addition, INSPIRE and ENCOURAGE the next generation of African Writers.
Are you ready for this?
We the publishers of KonnectAfrica.Net are pleased to announce the premiere edition of our online writing competition in Ghana; ‘The I Know a Ghanaian Star’ competition!
Do you know a Ghanaian ‘Star’? Then, submit an original article about an individual who is MAD [making a difference] around you: in your community, school, workplace, marketplace, locale or state. It is your turn to have a go at inspiring Ghanaians and Africans at large, and celebrating the Stars that you encounter on a daily basis.
Entry Requirements are:
- Submissions must not be less than 500 words or above 1000 words.
- It must be the original work of the author and include at least one picture and the contact details of the ‘Star’.
- Your ‘Star’ cannot include any person(s) already featured on www.konnectafrica.net.
- Kindly ensure that your submission is accompanied by a short profile of you.
- The title of your mail should read: ‘I Know a Ghanaian Star’ [The Name of your Star] ie ‘I Know a Ghanaian Star –Jemila Abdullai
- Your essay and profile should be contained in the body of the mail; pictures should be included as attachments.
- The ‘star’ of your essay must be a living citizen of Ghana.
- You can only write about one person per essay, but you may submit more than one essay.
- All entries are to be sent to email@example.com
A Few Tips: Your entries will be judged based on:
Originality, Creativity, Impact and the amount of credible information you have about your ‘Star.’ You can thank us later because the judges are:
- Nana Damoah Awere: Renowned Author of Excursions in My Mind, Through the Gates of Thought, Tales from Different Tails and I Speak of Ghana.
- Jemila Abdulai :Writer, Development and Media Professional
- John Armah: Entrepreneur and CEO, Ghana Centre for Entrepreneurship, Employment and Innovation.
- Manasseh Azure Awuni: Award Winning Journalist
If you must make a politician the subject of your essay do kindly ensure you have proof to back your assertions; otherwise, don’t!
Fantastic Prizes to be won!
1st Prize – SAMSUNG GALAXY Note 10.1
2nd Prize – Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0
3rd Prize – Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0
Dates to Remember:
5th May 2014: Competition kicks off
30th May 2014: Submission deadline; if you haven’t sent in your entry by 12am, do try again next year.
The Deadline has now been extended till 12 midnight on 6th, June 2014!!!
27th June 2014: Winners will be announced on konnectafrica.net.
Got any questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or connect with us on twitter @konnect_africa and Facebook on www.facebook.com/konnectafrica.
Enough talk already! Get writing, and let’s celebrate our Ghanaian Stars!
*By submitting entries for this competition, candidates give KonnectAfrica.Net the right to reproduce and distribute the articles in printed, electronic or any other medium; and to edit as is deemed appropriate, while duly recognising its author.
*This edition of the Competition is only open to those who are resident in Ghana. Our fans in Kenya, Egypt, South Africa, Somalia etc. should watch out as future editions of this competition will be coming to other countries in Africa soon.